March Reopening Information and Timetables
From September we had adjusted the school timetable to facilitate a staggered drop off and pick up for our classes to comply with government guidelines.
Our March reopening timetable is exactly the same as before and can be found below.
As well as social distancing on the playground, we have a one way system in place and ask all adults to wear a face mask on site.
The school has staggered break times and lunchtimes and additional cleaning throughout the school day. We remain focussed on good hygiene with regular hand washing and the appropriate use of the Catch It, Bin It, Kill It strategy, amongst a range of other school measures.
Parents can be assured that by staggering the day and shortening the lunch break, teaching time is exactly the same as before lockdown.
All non-essential visitors to school have been cancelled and we will use telephones and IT to talk or meet virtually with a range of stakeholders, including parents, our governing body and the LSP.
All cover staff are provided with a full briefing before they deploy to classrooms when we have staff absence.
The successful reopening will very much depend on the support and understanding of our community. Our children have spent far too long at home and we want to do everything we can to minimise the risk of further closures as well as ensuring that whilst on the school site we are doing everything we can to keep children, families and staff safe.
Please help us by:
- Ensuring that you arrive at school on time within your year group window (not late and equally not early) to minimise waiting on the site. If you arrive late you risk children crossing bubbles at the office. Children will not be able to be sent to the office at the end of the day so please arrive punctually at pick up.
- Using only one adult per family to drop off or pick up.
- Observing social distancing on the playground and wearing face coverings.
- Where you are unable or unwilling to wear a face covering please drop your children at the gate if they are old enough to enter school on their own or drop children at the office door observing them until they are let in. Please be patient as only one family can enter the welcome area at a time.
- Contacting the office via email or telephone call only, wherever possible.
- Ensuring that your child arrives with all they need for the day, especially packed lunches and water bottles.
- Informing the office of any absence and any positive Covid cases in the household.
- Not coming to school if your child has Covid-19 symptoms and either arrange for a test or self-isolate according to government guidance.
PE Days for Term 5
Turtle Penguin Thursday
Anning & Campbell Monday
Scott & Brunel Tuesday 20th April, Thursday 29th April, Tuesday 4 th May, Thursday 13th May, Tuesday 18th May, Thursday 27th May
Peake & Fossey Thursday 22nd April, Tuesday 27th April, Thursday 6 th May, Tuesday 11th May, Thursday 20th May, Tuesday 25th May
Darwin, Moore & Parks Wednesday