Our school day is from 8.45am to 3.20pm
We celebrate class of the week to promote good attendance in achievement assembly each week.
Arriving late is really unsettling for children and disruptive to the rest of the class. Please help us to have a great start to the day by arriving before the whistle blows at 8.45am.
If you have any concerns or need support with attendance issues please speak to our Ness Forrest who is our attendance officer. The school has a duty of care to ensure all children have good attendance and works closely with the Education Welfare Officer.
We review the attendance of every child termly and have a duty of care to contact parents where attendance may be a concern. This is to offer support to ensure that all of our children have good attendance. This may also be to challenge where absence is a concern without good reason.
We expect all chiuldren to have at least 95% attendance.
Our school will only authorise absence from school in exceptional circumstances following nationally agreed guidelines. For details of what qualifies as "exceptional" please see our attendance policy which can be found on the Policies & Key Documents page in the LSP Polcies link.
Our top tips
• Consider how long it takes to get to school if the weather is poor or if there are road works. Leave plenty of time to get to school before 8.45am.
• If you struggle to get your child to school on time each day, ask a responsible adult who you trust and can rely on, to take your child to school for you.
• Have a regular routine for the start of each day.
• Help your child get their clothes and equipment ready, before they go to bed. This includes any extra equipment needed for the day ahead e.g. Forest school clothing/packed lunch.
• Set a reasonable bed time to make sure they get enough sleep. Primary school aged children on average need around 10-12 hours sleep.
• Give your child a healthy breakfast e.g. toast, fruit or cereal.
• Get your child to school on time and give them a good start to the day.