At Portishead Primary School pastoral care is really important to us. It is important that all children feel safe and know that there are people to go to who will listen to them if they are worried or concerned.
The Pastoral Team are here to support you and your child to get the very best from school by providing support, advice and information. We can help you with any worries in relation to your child’s education, behaviour or attendance and give support about how best to deal with your worries.
If you have any concerns or require any support with anything then please contact someone from the Pastoral Team;
Lorraine Strachan - Deputy Headteacher
Mike Jordan - Learning Mentor
Claire Hardwidge- Inclusion Leader
Their areas of responsibility are;
Attendance and Punctuality
Behaviour or Bullying
Mike Jordan supports children across the school. He can often be found on the playground in the mornings and afternoons or you can ring the school office and ask to speak or meet with him. He will ring you back as soon as he is available.
Special Educational Needs and Disabilities
English as an Additional Language
Ways that the Pastoral Team can support you and your family;
* Provide information related to school issues
* Communicate with other school staff about any issues/concerns
* Giving support through transition e.g. moving classes or schools
* Reluctance to come to school or any other attendance problems including medical issues
* Holding meetings with children and parents in school
* Providing 1-1 and group sessions with children
* Providing advice or support on matters related to child welfare
* Providing support during family crisis such as bereavement, separation, anxiety, financial difficulties etc
* Supporting and signposting families to access of external sources of help